Adoptees Giving Back - Orphanage Service Trips
Do you know what hope is? Do you know what love is?
A Trip of the Heart
Applications are now closed for our trips in 2017. Check back in October for details on where we're going in 2018!
An opportunity some can only dream of – giving back to the orphans still waiting in the orphanages.
Adopteen’s service trips to China give adoptees a unique opportunity to return to China and explore their motherland with their peers while working in orphanages and serving the orphans left behind. This is truly a special trip, where the “come-full-circle” impact of giving love back to those children still in orphanages is life-changing. Like all Adopteen programs, adult presence is minimal and group activities and breakout sessions help keep the Adopteen focus of building teamwork, leadership, trust and friendship.
2017 brings us TWO AGBOST trips, heading to Hunan Province, June 28 - July 8, 2017 and July 12 - July 22, 2017.
Travelers are invited through a rigorous application process.
*All applicants must be 15 YEARS OLD OR OLDER by April 30th for the Summer AGBOST.*
What does the AGBOST Application require?
- Letter to Parents/Guardian (read and signed) - Download Now
- Letter to Travelers (read and signed) - Download Now
- Self-Assessment Questionnaire - Download Now
- Contact information for THREE references (will be contacted by Adopteen, no letter needed)
Led by Adopteen Co-Director Amy Zhong and accompanied by an adoption therapist, this 10-day trip will not only allow you to experience a bit of China's heritage, but will, most importantly, provide the invaluable opportunity to volunteer at an orphange – holding and feeding babies, teaching older kids English, playing fun games with children with special needs, decorating nursery rooms, and much more!
Trip Fee: $1100/traveler
The trip fee covers:
- All group transportation (bus and train) in China
- All accommodations (two travelers per room)
- All tour and entrance fees in Beijing
- Most meals in Beijing and breakfast in orphanage city
- Orphanage service activities and basic supplies
Each traveler is responsible for their own:
- International round-trip plane ticket
- Passport and visa
- Dinner and select lunches in orphanage city ($10-15/day)
- Expenses of personal nature, such as taxi, shopping, etc.
- Any donations you raise for your service trip (Not mandatory. Will be collected at the orphanage city to purchase what orphanage urgently needs)
Personal spending money while in China: $300-$400 total
To get an idea of what our AGBOST trips typically look like, take a look at the Summer 2015 AGBOST Trip Itinerary: Summer 2015 Trip Itinerary
Visit our Facebook page to see photos from past trips!